Firstly, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your support during this week as additional measures have been put in place, at short notice, due to rising numbers amongst our school community.
As you can appreciate the numbers of children and staff are changing on a daily basis but please be assured that we are monitoring this very closely in conjunction with Public Health England and following all the guidance. I attach for your reference the risk assessment, which outlines the measures that are being implemented to keep both the children and the staff as safe as they possibly can be during this period of time.
We continue to maintain the preventative measures within school that we have adopted since the start of the pandemic and are keeping the children in bubbles.
We are aware that this is a very concerning time for all our children, parents and staff and are working hard to mitigate any risk.
I would therefore like to draw your attention to the following points:
- A reminder that parents are not allowed on the school site past the drop off line. If you do need to come onto site as a matter of urgency, please ensure to wear a mask.
- If you do arrive late, you will be required to complete a form detailing the reason of your child’s lateness, this will be sent to you via email. As we are unable to currently invite parents into school, we would ask parents to refrain from entering the school office and say good bye to your children once they are safe at the entrance of the school playground.
- If your child is off ill with COVID they are able to access learning through Oak Academy when they feel well enough. Please call the office to inform us if your child is ill and to arrange access. Your child’s class teacher will be in touch with learning from Oak Academy, which aligns with classroom learning, once they are well enough to learn from home.
- Parents evening will now take place virtually; further details for this will be confirmed shortly. You will receive an invite from your child’s class teacher closer to the time as we have done previously. We very much look forward to seeing you all albeit remotely- thank you!
- Please ensure that you contact the office with absences in the morning before school starts. If your child does show symptoms, please do a Lateral Flow test (LFT) and if you are unsure of their symptoms, please do a LFT test anyway just to make sure. We are advised that parents follow this up with a PCR, as this is a more accurate test and inform the school when this has taken place.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We remain highly committed to providing the very best teaching and learning environments for your children and look forward to this spike in numbers diminishing. Please rest assured, we are monitoring this on a daily basis to put the best provision in place for all our children.
Mrs H Roberts